Saturday, April 28, 2007

Golden Garbage



It was around 7 PM this evening. It was the 14th time of Load Shedding for the day.

To free myself from the darkness of my room, I took shelter under the moonlight in my terrace (of course with my camera).

Since my umpteenth attempt to capture the moon was not as successful as I had expected, I turned my lens to other directions in search of some prey.

It was then I spotted this garbage dump (created by some independent anti-environmental enthusiasts, who did not believe in the system of disposing garbage) and the canine toilet (ada...andha EB box dhaanga) glittering under the super bright rays of a sodium vapor lamp.

I placed my camera on my parapet wall (I don't have a tripod yet) so as to avoid shaking, and shot the picture with a 15 second shutter delay.

Sometimes, even garbage glitters... that’s not irony, that's Illusion!

1 comment:

Vignesh said...

Hi KB. This is Vignesh.I landed on your blog accidentally and greatly impressed by your snaps. Man, u r so creative. Keep up the good work and do update your blog regularly.
I've added ur blog to the list of blogs I visit often in mine.